• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

logic 3 psp2 wireless controller

Guest paul j

Hi all, i have been using a logic3 ps2 wireless controller through eqmod to gently slew my telescope but ive found it a little unreliable,sometimes if i move the controller in my hand say upside down or sideways the scope tends to go to the home position,it dont happen all the time but its anoying when your alignining so ive been having to stretch to the eqmod movement buttons using my pc mouse then having to try look through the eyepiece,i cant use my skywatcher hand controller cos im connected through the port to eqmod running starry night pro 6.

My question is does anyone know if i can get these wired rather than wireless as the logic 3 is just not worth the hassle anymore or better still what other controller could i use thats wired?

Edited by paul j

oh right didn't know they would work I got loads them kicking about .so I guess u just put it in usb slot and eqmod picks it up? I give it a try today thanks.

i use a wireless xbox 360, works well,

one problem i found with the wireless version is that it powers down after 5-10 minutes, used to drive me mad, but i finally found out that there`s a button on the eqmod program to press and it starts back up again.

apart from that no problems

Edited by red dwalf

Hi Paul

I also use the wireless controller.

I also had a similar problem with the mount doing unrequested things.

I found by trial and error I was accidentally pressing the buttons on the front of the controller.

If you go into the EQMOD hand control set up you will find that these buttons are active by default.

I just unchecked all the boxes with the exception of the direction buttons and it has cured the problem.

I give it another go lads cheers, i tried the xbox with the usb lead today but i couldnt seem to get eqmod to get it to work, i didnt try the wireless way as i wasnt sure it would be the same as the logic 3 controller but as you lads say it seems to work well so i get a battery pack sorted and give it a go in morning cheers,i only just got your messages been so busy today.Ive lost faith in the logic 3 controller its let me down to many times.

Paul I had the same controller as you and I used control my mount via EqTooth and the rumble pad and mine often lost communication with the mount, used to drive me mad.

does your head in done it mick, i kept thinking it was the batteries failing due to the cold maybe wearing them down or somat,scratched my head and had few tantrums but yeah give up with it now.gonna try the xbox controller tomo :-)