• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

loan of a circular saw needed

red dwalf

hi all,

does anyone in the Sandiacre area have a circular saw i could possiably borrow for an afternoon,

it`s a big ask i know, but i`m having to cut through 2" thick timbers length ways with a hand saw and it`s taking me ages just to cut one length and it`s not as straight as i would like.

hoping to get the obsy finished by xmas at this rate L.O.L.

thanks Martyn but i need to cut down the length of some 2" x 9" timbers that are 10 foot long, it`s taking forever with a hand saw, not that i can do alot more at the moment with the weather the way it is.

I have one but I don't know where it is, it's either in my shed or my dads.

I'll look tomorrow after I get up from my night shift.

cheers Mick, don`t put yourself out too much, i`ll be glad when it`s all done, starting to do my head in alittle now, still need some cladding to finish off the front panel but try to get a match with the cladding i already have is proving tuff

cheers Dave,

if Mick doesn`t come through i keep you in mind,

many thanks.

using a circular saw i think i could do all the cutting need in a couple of hours

I don't have one Rob or you'd welcome to borrow if I did. When I need stuff like this I usually go and hire a proper industrial one in town. Last thing I hired was router - also had hedge cutters, even a powered roller for flatenning a garden before turfing lol. Don't think I've ever spent more than £30 for half a days loan of any item (just an idea in case you get desparate) :)

Hi Rob

Yes there is one here you can borrow or if you would perfer the table saw

let me know when you would like to pick it up

Steve

thanks Kim, didn`t think about of hiring one, good idea

thanks Steve, i`ll keep you in mInd if Mick doesn`t find his,

many thanks guys, much appreciated