• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

1st Moon Dog

Celeste

I'm not sure where to put this....widefield or lunar? Anyway, my 1st moon dog pic taken with my clapped out Nikon Coolpix so it's pretty bad lol...but I like it :)

I saw that over my house too. Tried to photograph it too but couldn't get it right! Nice work capturing it :)

It got very pretty didn't it, quite bright, more so than I thought they would be. I've never seen one before!

I'd not seen one before tonight either. You're right it was very bright as I could clearly see it standing out in the street in front of my house which is lined with damn street lights! It must have looked great from a darker location.

There was another on the opposite side, but my house was in the way and the darn streetlights were blazing too bright :( I tried out the back but then I couldn't get the right one in the shot which was way better than the left one.

I thought there would have been another. I had only read of them before tonight. I tried to find the other one but the houses blocked all my view of the left side of the sky. It was the right one I was looking at too.