• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Waterstones, Nottingham.

Tweedledee

I had a very nice afternoon in Waterstones bookshop today.

Not been there for a while, but was pleasantly surprised to find they have a really good selection of astronomy and popular science books, and they are on the same floor as the coffee shop :) .

Had intended to go to the Victoria Centre to do some Christmas shopping. Went to Waterstones expecting to spend maybe half an hour in there, but came out 4 hours later after several coffees and some cake.

If you want to check out some Christmas presents for yourself, I can thoroughly recommend it.

Same set up at Lincoln Peter, nice cakes too!

Cheers Ron,

I think Nigel (DN18) has a shop up there as well. And maybe there's a Christmas market. Could be well worth a visit and would be a nice change of scenery. Haven't been to Lincoln for a couple of years. I love Steep Hill, the Cathedral, Castle and The Lawn areas.

Lincoln Xmas Market is next weekend, if you've never been it's well worth a visit!! Nigels shop is about a 40 min drive North of Lincoln :)

Edited by Ron Clarke

There a no name shop in sutton ini ashfield that sells some great books at half the price great shop

Thanks Pat,

Where is that shop in Sutton Pat?

You can sometimes find some real gems in these discount book shops.

I like browsing through s/h and antique book shops.

Lincoln Xmas Market is next weekend, if you've never been it's well worth a visit!! Nigels shop is about a 40 min drive North of Lincoln :)

Thanks Ron,

Will check it out. The wife and I say every year that we'll have to go to Lincoln Xmas market, but never made it yet.

Is it only next weekend? My wife has to work in Boston, USA for a week from next Saturday.