• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi from the High Peak

Guest 127SLT

Hi. I have been into astronomy properly since January 2011. I started with a Skywatcher 200PDS on an EQ5 mount, but soon lost it to my husband who decided to start doing astrophotography. I then got a Celestron 127SLT (hense the user name!). We have just purchased a Coronardo PST. The idea being that the sky must be visible sometime during 24 hours!!!

Hi Angela and a warm welcome to EMS :)

Sounds like a nice set up you have there between you. Have fun on the forum and if you've any questions feel free to start a thread in the relevant section. We meet up regularly when weather allows and you'd be very welcome to come try out a session with us - you'll find the group very friendly and welcoming. Meanwhile enjoy!

Welcome to EMS :) Very friendly bunch here. Got back from a meet tonight at Wymeswold-thoroughly enjoyable :)

Hi Angela, a warm welcome to EMS.

Looks like you have some nice gear there, if you can keep hubby' fingers off it that is.

We have a dark site at Belper, where we have get together's other than just gazing. Keep an eye on the EMS meeting thread, you and hubby would be very welcome to come along and join in.

Enjoy the forum. :)

I have a Coronado PST, too. Amazing little thing it is but I'm having trouble doing webcam imaging with it, due to limited focus travel. I'd like to see you and your OH's photos. My wife is (unfortunately) a non-astronomer but did find it interesting seeing the Moon on a PC screen from a webcam.

I'm a night and day astronomer, too but can often find the twilight hours unproductive unless the Moon or Venus are about.

I have a Coronado PST, too. Amazing little thing it is but I'm having trouble doing webcam imaging with it, due to limited focus travel. I'd like to see you and your OH's photos. My wife is (unfortunately) a non-astronomer but did find it interesting seeing the Moon on a PC screen from a webcam.

I'm a night and day astronomer, too but can often find the twilight hours unproductive unless the Moon or Venus are about.

We use a 2x barlow, unscrew the tube and attach the barlow to the T2 mount .

canon_450d+2x_barlow.jpg

Edited by 127SLT

• 2 weeks later...