• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

synscan goto help

Guest netspy7

Guest netspy7

hi guys help needed

ive just had a go at setting up my synscan for the first time but have a prob with alignment both bright star and 2 star i get the first star ok but when i choose 2nd star the scope goes the wrong way and points to nothing

any help would be great

cheers guys

im in notts

i have put settings in as

location 001'17'w 52'53'n

time zone +00:00

todays date

current time

day light saving NO

Paul, just seen this but did notice you asked me via Facebook, I have responded on Facebook with numerous things to try, it more than likely the date needs to be in American format.

Or, if this is something like a 130P, then it could be possible you have put the OTA on the wrong way.

Guest netspy7

guys if i could swear on hear id Say you are f****** legends after 3 hrs of getting it wrong it was the date format

:D smiles from ear to ear

cheers

guys if i could swear on hear id Say you are f****** legends after 3 hrs of getting it wrong it was the date format

:D smiles from ear to ear

cheers

Been there, done that :ph34r: