• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Did we land on the moon?

Craig

On a serious note. I did at one time have my doubts about it all, not very big doubts at all, but I was curious. Having visited KSC last year it completely changed my point of view and (without wishing to sound over dramatic) my life. There is no shadow of doubt in my mind what so ever that mankind has landed on and indeed walked on the surface of the moon. Most of the theories on the so called proof that we didn't, I had already explained in my own mind long before reading about the answers elsewhere or seeing it on the TV. Visiting KSC made it quite clear to me that mankind is capable of a great number of incredible feats, many of which are very difficult to comprehend.

The thing is Mike, we should be persuaded by evidence. There's nothing wrong with being curious about it at all, but it's when they dismiss supportive evidence that it really irritates me.

I mean, really... how many people worked at NASA during that time? Not only would it have been the most expensive hoax ever perpetrated, but it would have required all of those NASA employees to either be in collusion with the deception or to have been deceived themselves. Impossible? No, but very improbable.

I was just watching it on Channel 5 now and the blinking stations gone on the blink - totally lost the picture on just that one particular channel. Drat!!

I was just watching it on Channel 5 now and the blinking stations gone on the blink - totally lost the picture on just that one particular channel. Drat!!

No great loss really. :lol:

That's the CIA doing that Kim !

Oh wow, like it's the magnetic waves man, they're beaming them at us, they can read our minds and then they can change them, and we don't know, they train our pets to spy on us, think about it, there's a pet in most homes, they listen, it's all the CIA, the only way to avoid it is to wrap tin foil around your head, sit in a corner and keep going beep, beep, beep. 

Sorry Pat but I totally disagree with you, 100%. There's no evidence that we didn't land, just silly theories from people who do not understand what they are trying to dismiss.

Landing on the moon is mankind's greatest achievement and should be celebrated.

If the claims of it being fake are to be believed then the burden of proof is on the conspiracy theorists and, low and behold, they have none.

The overwhelming proof that they did do it, is the fact that if they hadn't surely Russia amongst others would have been the first to say that they didn't. You can rest assured they would have been watching very closely. Besides, the orbiters have beamed back images of the left over equipment and even the tracks left on the surface, not to mention the reflectors that were left there to bounce lasers off to track the movement of the moon in relation to Earth.

Plenty of evidence to prove that they did do it, none to prove otherwise.

Heard and debated. :)

It's not personal, it's just topical. We can debate it without it being personal.

It's going to even more prominent on an astronomy forum!

Pat,

At no point did I say anything which made you out to be a nutter, nor did I say you were not allowed to have your own opinion. I am offended to think that you thought I had. You said that man couldn't have gone to the moon because of radiation, I provided evidence to back up the fact that this theory is ill founded.

I would be interested to know how you explain the equipment left on the surface and tracks that are visible

It would be great if we could observe the far side of the moon, it's really heavily cratered so there will be so much to look at.

It would be great if we could observe the far side of the moon, it's really heavily cratered so there will be so much to look at.

Yes, I agree. It's a shame the moon doesn't rotate really. Maybe we should petition the government to put thrusters on it to set it turning :lol:

Yes, I agree. It's a shame the moon doesn't rotate really. Maybe we should petition the government to put thrusters on it to set it turning :lol:

LOL!

You can see the far side of the moon... it's clearly visible. :ph34r: