• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

News feed section.

Daz Type-R

Mods / admins / anybody who cares.

Just a suggestion (feel free to ignore if you think it's daft) but do you think it worth while if we have a new section named News Feed (or something) where we can all post all the feeds we have found from BBC, Sky news etc etc which will free up the Astro General Disccussion (unless you feel that is where they belong).

Just a thought.

I've often thought the same Darren - lets see what everyone thinks - but a news feed section seems more logical for the content in there and a seperate discussion area would get my vote :)

If we do, the astro general area will become quite dead.

Surely the news are about general astronomy? :P

I wouldn't think so Craig - cos there would be one section for Astro Chatting and one for Astro News feeds. Constant news feeds always have the effect of breaking up conversation threads.

When I'm watching TV I always watch a film right through and it would be irritating to have constant news items coming up in the middle. I always deliberately switch to news to find out what's going on - but that's just me - easily irritated lol.

Good topic though - it'll be interesting to know what everyone else thinks - we need more repsonses .......

Kim has said exactly what I wanted to say :)

Craig's the main culprit for hogging the Astro General section, but he doesn't half keep us up to date with some really interesting stuff, thanks Craig :)

Maybe we should have a new section called Craigs Newsround :)

Even though Craig does a great job with his own News feeds, the articles do not get much responde, alot of them zero responses so in the end we could end up with a section full of no responses.

I much prefer to keep news feeds in Astro general section, it fills this section up more. Nothing worse then an unused section.

"the articles do not get much responde, alot of them zero responses"

Yeah - I noticed that too Mick. I rarely look at them myself - cos there are so many, and, most of the time I've seen the article in the Astro press, regular press, or on TV already. :)