• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

What did you get?

Guest Eddy

No astro gear at all this year but I got a decent usb record deck to transfer all my precious vinyl to mp3. Been after one of these for years. Gonna start with my complete 70 -80s Budgie collection, "In for the kill" brilliant

I got some really good books from SWMBO about space n stuff, and when my tripod is done she'll get me a 250pds.

Gotta get my finger out to finish it lol.

Celestron 20x80's bins and an EQ2, still waiting for the motor drive.

Allows me to do some visual while the main scope is imaging plus it will be used as a grab and go.

Back yard eos, OIII ccd filter 2",14 pairs of socks ,countless deodorants aftershave ,two bottles of spirits,even tho every one no's am t total,3 blue rays ,and lots of pots to wash in the morning

Pat

I know exactly what you mean Pat, everyone knows Im celiac but I get tins of shortbread, a lovely pnchetta, biscuits galor and I cant touch any of them. Shows folks put alot of thought into gifts:-)

Pair of bino's that I brought back from USA, a "Man Cave" sign to "go on the obs when you've built it", New fleece hoody, chocolates, booze, couple of DVD's. The gloves I wanted were no longer available from Decathlon apparently, so will go look about for some in a few days, as well as the fishing trousers I wanted.

4 astro books, a laser collimator and a astronomy now binder ! Oh and a lovely bottle of brandy ;)

I got some new filters! An OIII, a UHC and a ND all 1.25" a skywatcher dual focuser which I can't quite figure how to attach yet, a comfy observation chair and a case to put all my telescope accessories in!

Not much in the way of astro gear but I did get the stargazers handbook an atlas of the night sky

(http://http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0857382454'>http://http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0857382454)

Lovely book unfortunately I already own a copy :-/

Then of course I did get that cool t shirt from my sister :)

As a gift to myself I have ordered an ADM 14 inch universal dovetail bar to mount the 200P on the NEQ6 Pro :)

Well Santa read my list :) replacement bahtinov for the Quattro, Anti vibration pads, stainless bolts for the Neq6 and also a warm hat. Russian Ushanka

upate6yb.jpg

Now that's a warm hat :D

Oh! And a subscription to S&N

Edited by Teslar

I got one of those hats a couple of months ago - pure bunny fur lol - you really can't beat them for warmth though - nice purchase Tom :)

Well Santa read my list :) replacement bahtinov for the Quattro, Anti vibration pads, stainless bolts for the Neq6 and also a warm hat. Russian Ushanka upate6yb.jpg Now that's a warm hat :D Oh! And a subscription to S&N

I want that hat.

Well Santa read my list :) replacement bahtinov for the Quattro, Anti vibration pads, stainless bolts for the Neq6 and also a warm hat. Russian Ushanka Now that's a warm hat :D Oh! And a subscription to S&N

I want that hat.

Ussronline is the eBay seller if you really must have one. The leather version is much better quality ;)

Bits for astro I got are - Philips month by month guide 2013 book, New hat with ear flaps, Heat holders tog 2.3 socks, reusable hand warmers :D

Edited by Eddy

Runners wrist water bottle, jumper, car window frost sheet, bathroom nice smelly things and a bottle

of Grants Whisky (or medicine as my Dad called it)