• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Quick session with the new 20x80's

andyboy1970

Low and behold the cloud cleared so a quick hour prior to bed with the new 20x80's.

First target was M42, very clear and could easily see the gap between the Running man and M42.
Next was M31, wow how good doe's that look in the big bins.
The Moon couldn't be avoided and looked really sharp and detailed, Jupiter could be seen in the same field of view, moving the moon out of the view the equatorial belts could be seen as well as the 4 Gallelian moons.
M29 in Cygnus was easily spotted as was M36 and M38 in Auriga.

Well happy with the bin's, not so happy with the early night before my 2am start at work.

Congrats Andy they sound great :)

I've often considered big bins myself - nearly bought Philjs - but while I was procrastinating Felix got in first with cash. At least he's only down the road if I want to borrow 'em lol

These big binos are certainly creating a lot of interest, especially for "quick sessions".

Nice report Andy.

Waiting for mine to arrive tomorrow or Friday! Looking forward to the sort of views you had Andy!! :)

Nice report Andy. Big bins are great for quick sessions am I love the wider fuel I view you get with bins in general.

You're more than welcome any time to borrow them Kim :)