• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Mcafee classification.

Daz Type-R

This is mainly aimed at Craig but I thought I would post it here in case anybody else has this issue.

About a week ago EMS was blocked by my company's web washers saying it was an uncategorised URL, I have just categorised EMS with Mcafee as Forums/message boards (same as SGL which I still can view), this should take approximately 2 full working days, just a heads up really to Craig in case he has any communications with them, I doubt it though.

:)

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Darren,

It will take some time to cascade through all of Mcafees's servers. However, if you are regularly using the url from work  and your firm's monitoring of your internet usage is any good, you will soon find it blocked. :(

Cheers

Hi, as we are heavy users of Mcafee products we get express web washer clearance (as well as a load of other stuff apparently), also, we are allowed on the net at work, so finding my access revoked one day should not be a

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Darren,

You are one of the  few, I had our desktops tied down tighter than a crab at 1000 fathoms!! :D (one third party I dealt with regularly used to directly monitor users activity in real time, they had to sign up as part of their contract!)

Cheers

Hi Darren,

You are one of the  few, I had our desktops tied down tighter than a crab at 1000 fathoms!! :D (one third party I dealt with regularly used to directly monitor users activity in real time, they had to sign up as part of their contract!)

Cheers

i have to release every site that our people can use before they get access  LOL  at the moment they get microsoft sites, google and bbc news.  thats all they get, can't be

bothered to release any more.

Sheila

He He Sheila, a woman after my own heart!, I did have 23 sites in the uk and a few in Scandinavia to worry about though! :lol:

I only have 1 site.....and they know not to ask for ebay or facebook  LOL

Guest Tweedledum

Our group co had a joint venture with a large French company, they had unrestricted internet access. At our joint IT meet the boast used to be that in France the site that had the largest number of hits was Playboy. In the uk they had to get past me ....