• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Free Photoshop CS2

Ibbo

Is it a full program or extension Steve? I don't have any version of photoshop at present.

Edited by catman161

I got there and made an account and downloaded all the files and it asks for a serial number on installation :blink:

EDIT:I'm being blind! Got the serial. Downloaded a couple of other useful free programs too :D

Edited by catman161

Adobe have gone back on this and are saying its was only for existing customers and not intended as a free download

is it only me that thinks they miscalculated and have backtracked

That is a pity. I had no urgency to use it, but had intended to download it when I got round to it in the next couple of days. Should have snapped it up when I first saw your post. I agree Steve. Bet they've had thousands download it and thought it might affect sales of the latest version.

I agree Steve they probably didn't think that many would go for it. I luckily got in in time and got adobe standard 7, photoshop CS2 and Creative Suite 2 and photoshop elements 5.0

I know lots of people who have d/loaded and installed PS CS2.....Adobe can't/won't come after you for it. They messed up.....they still have the page and items up for d/load....so they obviously aren't that bothered or the page would have gone down by now.

I know lots of people who have d/loaded and installed PS CS2.....Adobe can't/won't come after you for it. They messed up.....they still have the page and items up for d/load....so they obviously aren't that bothered or the page would have gone down by now.

it depends if the download is sanctioned by Adobe or not. If it's on their site then they are sanctioning the download and use of the software, along with the provided serial key.

If you grab Adobe software from a Warez site or torrent site then you are on dodgy ground. Software companies are indiscriminate when it comes to protecting their intellectual property rights.

Since this link is to an Adobe page, thus sanctioned by Adobe, there's no problem with downloading the software. :)

Very pleased with this, it is a very handy tool to have. It allows you to mess around with animated gifs an lots of other stuff. Cheers.

this is the older version,but has all the bits and bobs you need for processing  and it is from Adobe and is legit

you need to create a free account first

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?pid=4485850&e=cs2_downloads

Thanks for the link Steve

Just downloaded Adobe 8 Pro, Elements & CS2.

I didnt need to create an account, I just downloaded the files.

Only had chance to quickly load and try Adobe 8 Pro and it works a treat.

Paul

Re installed a clean version and it works fine, thanks Mick (not that I know mush about CS2 but hope Imaging Workshop will help!)

Ron

You flash buggers with your windows 8 lol. I'm living in the dark ages, still on 7.

I don't think they are worried about CS2 affecting sales, the latest CS6 is like a different program it's so different. Not to mention the new tools and tool improvements....

Great link Ibbo.

Hope you guys are enjoying it. Remember it'll only be as good as the time you put into it. M.

Edited by Mark Harper.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi all,

some advice needed please on photoshop,

i have photoshop version cs3 and i`m trying to use the camera raw plug in which shows as installed in the help, about plug ins section along with a long list of others, but how do i get the plug ins to work ? do i need the serial key to access the plug ins ? if so i can`t for the life of me find it anyway, i`ve had the program for a while and it`s either been thrown away or lost in the countless boxes in the attic.

so can anyone help with my problems, either with a valid serial key for cs3 or a copy i could purchase from you second hand or am i not doing something correctly to use the plug ins ? or will the free version of photoshop cs2 have the features i`m looking to use ?

the main plug in i`m looking to use is the camera raw plug in,

any help gratefully recieved.

Edited by red dwalf