• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Stargazing Live write up

Guest Hayley

Excellent stuff. I'm sure I speak on behalf of others when I again say thank you for allowing us to be a part of the events, and I, as I'm sure a few others would also be prepared to help out again if ever you feel the need.

Nice write up Hayley - looks like a smashing time was had by the kids who all look tremendously interested in the photos, and you put on  loads of interesting exhibits and activities. Very well organised and executed :)

Thanks. A bit of a rest this week and then we have Andy Newsam visiting us the following week. He is doing a public lecture on Tuesday 22nd which you would all be very welcome to come along to. Details should be on the blog by tomorrow.

That was an enjoyable read.

I first got interested in astronomy hundreds of years ago at the age of about 9, but we never did anything like that at school.

Once, I joined an after school Scalextric club, but if they'd had and obsy as well, I'd have been happy to stay at school all night :) .

The students at The Long Eaton School are very privileged.

That was an enjoyable read.

I first got interested in astronomy hundreds of years ago at the age of about 9, but we never did anything like that at school.

Once, I joined an after school Scalextric club, but if they'd had and obsy as well, I'd have been happy to stay at school all night :) .

The students at The Long Eaton School are very privileged.

I would have done the same given the chance, sadly when I went to Long Eaton School way back when Halley's Comet was doing a fly past, we never had such wonderful facilities. Oh to be young again!