• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

telescope wanted

Guest craigymuk

If you're wanting to stretch your budget as far as possible consider buying a used dobsonian, a 150P or 200P. A used scope will be a real bargain as long as it's in good condition.

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/dobsonians/skywatcher-skyliner-150p-dobsonian.html

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/dobsonians/skywatcher-skyliner-200p-dobsonian.html

They're far easier to use, they capture a good amount of light for observing those faint fuzzies, do a decent job on planets and what's more, the solid tube models can often be mounted on an EQ mount later if it takes your fancy.

There are loads of folks here with Dobs who swear by them.

I would agree with Craig, get more mirror for your money, it's well worth it.

Setting up a Dob is way easier than an EQ mount, and you will be getting some good objects in no time.

I would agree. I've got a small starter scope (celestron astromaster eq130 md) while the scope itself is a quite good budget scope the mount does leave something to be desired.

If I'd of had the decision I would've got a dob.

+1 for a dob, still love mine!!

Just seen you are round the corner from me (ish), you can pop over and have a look at one if you want.

Edited by Daz Type-R

We will have a club dob quite soon - 200P that will be available for anyone to use at (hopefully) most meetings. :)

Yer thanks for that I will do

Drop us a pm if and when interested and we can get something sorted.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.