• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

The Horse so far.

Guest ollypenrice

Guest ollypenrice

This has about 16 hours so far with Luminance to come when the moon scarpers. It's just HaRGB in this form.

Yves' 14 inch ODK, SXVH36, Mesu Mount 200. I hope the luminance will mean that this can be presented in a much larger format without so much noise.

Olly

RGB%20P3%20V2-M.png

OMG ollie!! This looks amazing and your saying its full of noise?! You're a man of high standards. I love it. You can actually see the fact that the horse head is formed from gas cloud in this pic. I have not seen that before. Great pic. I can't wait to see what it will look like with luminance then :)

Guest ollypenrice
OMG ollie!! This looks amazing and your saying its full of noise?! You're a man of high standards. I love it. You can actually see the fact that the horse head is formed from gas cloud in this pic. I have not seen that before. Great pic. I can't wait to see what it will look like with luminance then :)

I like all our images to hold up to scrutiny at full size and this has some considerable way to go to get there. Full size has just the head competely filling the screen. It would be nice to get there if possible, but dusty objects are terribly slow.

Olly

When I saw the title, I wondered where this was going.

However it had nothing to do with a certain  meat product.

It does though look stunning, and as Felix mentioned a three D quality. 

Nice one Olly.

When I first started looking at images of the Horse head,it was exactly about that - the Horse head.

Nowadays my attention is drawn the the red 'rolling hills' in the background and the smaller dust columns on the 'horizon'. Captured beautifully in this image.

Your perception of, and my lack of, noise is worrying (for me lol).

Regards.

Guest ollypenrice
When I first started looking at images of the Horse head,it was exactly about that - the Horse head.

Nowadays my attention is drawn the the red 'rolling hills' in the background and the smaller dust columns on the 'horizon'. Captured beautifully in this image.

Your perception of, and my lack of, noise is worrying (for me lol).

Regards.

That's only because you're looking at a small one! Don't worry, at this size it looks fine to me too...

Olly

Very nice image Ollie, it always looks to me more like a sea horse sort of floating around.  Love the image

Sheila

Very nice image Olly, I would imagine your going to have fun controlling the stars when you do the Luminance captures.

Guest ollypenrice
Very nice image Olly, I would imagine your going to have fun controlling the stars when you do the Luminance captures.

Ah yes!! I just won't apply the L layer to the stars. I always try to eliminate it from stars.

Olly

It's great to see partial work - it's stunning just as it is. I'd be very interested to know how you finish it off Olly - and I'm sure others will too :)