• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Celestron Omni Plossl 9mm

Guest Turtleboy

Guest Turtleboy

Hi guys.

I got a Celestron Omni Plossl 9mm eyepiece with my scope but it's right on (or more likely just over) the scope's focus limit so I'm wondering if anyone has larger eyepiece or 2x Barlow of similar quality they would like to swap.

I already have a 25mm so something round about 12mm or a Barlow to reduce my 25mm would be ideal.

Thanks.

Martin

20130120_151351.jpg

Edited by Turtleboy

I've got a 2x Barlow you can have if you like. I never use it.

It's the one that comes with the celestron eye opener kit. It's not fantastic quality but may get you started.

Just a note though. It will make it a 4.5mm eyepiece then which may provide to much (useful) magnification for your scope.

Although I'm not sure. Some one with more know how than me could probably give a better answer.

But if you'd like it it's yours.

Oops. Just re read your post. You'll be using it with your 25mm EP.

Just ignore me lol.

But you can still have it. :-)

Edited by T A WOW

Guest Turtleboy
I've got a 2x Barlow you can have if you like. I never use it.

It's the one that comes with the celestron eye opener kit. It's not fantastic quality but may get you started.

Just a note though. It will make it a 4.5mm eyepiece then which may provide to much (useful) magnification for your scope.

Although I'm not sure. Some one with more know how than me could probably give a better answer.

But if you'd like it it's yours.

Oops. Just re read your post. You'll be using it with your 25mm EP.

Just ignore me lol.

But you can still have it. :-)

Thanks Tobias that would be great. I will send you a pm.

Guest Turtleboy

Ok now have a Barlow sorted. Massive thanks to Tobias.

The 9mm is still up for grabs if anyone has a bigger eyepiece or anything of use to a newbe up for grabs. :thumbsup:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.