• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Happy Birthday Rob (Red Dwarf)

RonC

thanks Steve,

adapter you recommended for the Canon came yesterday, very well made and solid so thanks for that

Edited by red dwalf

Guest Kheldar
thanks Steve,

adapter you recommended for the Canon came yesterday, very well made and solid so thanks for that

No worries, if you don't get a reasonably flat field the reducer has a 10mm extension on the top of it - this just unscrews and reveals another M48 thread. I never got a straight answer as to whether you need it or not so you may need to try both with/without.

will do, looking forward to giving it a bash.

thanks Sheila

Edited by red dwalf

Happy birthday Rob.

Some thing odd i just noticed.

This thread is titled "happy birthday red dwarf" but Robs user name is "red dwalf" (L not R)

Am i the first person to notice this?

Happy birthday Rob. Some thing odd i just noticed. This thread is titled "happy birthday red dwarf" but Robs user name is "red dwalf" (L not R) Am i the first person to notice this?

No, I just didn't think it needed mentioning. ;)

If people were to correct me on my spelling, I would need an army - lol.  :facepalm:

Just re-read my last post and that sounded like I was being a bit ar*ey.

I do apologies, I didn't mean it like that.

:blush:

it`s is red dwalf with an L,

there is a bit of a story about it, when i first started this hobby i tried loads of sites and kept forgeting which user name i used and so on, so when i joined SGL i put in the user Red Dwarf with a R as in the excellent  program, but of course there was already a red dwarf with an R registered so as i didn`t think i`d be using the website alot i just changed the R for an L and as i got more into the hobby and SGL i just kept using the name on every other site so people would know it was me and i wouldn`t forget my user name each time.

that`s the story of red dwalf.

the end

hope you enjoyed it

thanks for all the birthday posts

Edited by red dwalf

thanks guys, popping down road i think for a couple later so if anyone fancies buying me a beer or two your more than welcome L.O.L.

Sorry Rob, never noticed the 'l', early in the morning for me!!, Hope you had a good day!!  :)