• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Huttoft terrace Thursday 31at Jan

Guest Turtleboy

Guest Turtleboy

I'm heading down to Huttoft terrace tomorrow (Thurs) evening to meet up with a couple of folks from Skegness town astronomical society. Hoping to get some breaks in the cloud between 6 - 9 if anyone fancies coming along.

Martin

Edited by Turtleboy

Guest Turtleboy

Take a wind break with you, it looks like it could be a bit windy! :)

It'll be reet. We're made of stern stuff us Yorkshire folk. ;)

It'll be reet. We're made of stern stuff us Yorkshire folk. ;)

It's not for you it's for your scope and mount - sudden gust may knock it over!!

Guest Turtleboy

Mine should be ok. It's only small and quite sturdy and I'll use my van as a wind break. I wouldnt fancy going out with a big scope if it's too blowy though. It's a bit rough out there just now. Hoping the wind will drop a bit by tomorrow evening.

I don't go out if it is windy, not worth the risk, remember, a scope is top heavy, you could have the worlds best mount, will still get blown over if the gust is strong enough.

Ibbo has just shouted on the shout box that his neighbor has lost some rendering off the wall, if it can blow that off a mount wont stand a chance.

Your call.

Skegness astronomical society ?? Anymore info martin ?

Ps its forecast to be clear tonight again. I'm passing huttoft terrace on the way home at about 5.30 what time you there ? I'm will come and say hello..

Guest Turtleboy

Skegness astronomical society ?? Anymore info martin ?

Ps its forecast to be clear tonight again. I'm passing huttoft terrace on the way home at about 5.30 what time you there ? I'm will come and say hello..

Hi David.

I think it's a new thing just been set up by a lad in Skeg. Haven't met him myself yet so I don't really know much but it seems very much a casual kind of thing. There is a website http://www.skegnesstownastronomicalsociety.co.uk/default.html and a Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Skegness-Town-Astronomical-Society/276012099187479?fref=ts

I think it's in it's infancy but good to have a local interest. He said he's coming along to Gib point on the 9th so maybe some of you already know him but I'm afraid I don't know the name.

I'm hoping to get down to Huttoft for between 5.30 and 6 depending on what time I can get finished a work. It's not actually looking too bad at the minute. A bit breezy and patchy cloud but worth a shot if just to say hello.

I'll be in a ratty white Movano van and I look like the love child of Peter Kay and Matt Lucas :lol:

Edited by Turtleboy

Billy no mates, :D Just dont get yourself arrested for lurking or anything like that Dave. :lol:

And still you missed last nights fireball Dave !! :facepalm:

Shhhhh, Don`t mention the fireball!! :lol:

Guest Turtleboy
@ the site now, nobody here :(

I was there from about half 5 Dave. About half way down the terrace just after the burger lorry thing. You must not have come down far enough.

Turned out to be a good night. Not too windy and mostly clear. Got some great views of Jupiter.