• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

19mm TV Panoptics x 2 (Astrofest purchase No2)

Bino-viewer

As my name suggests....i'm planning my first steps into the world of bino-viewing.

Its something i've wanted to do for a long time. The bino's are on order and will be with me in a week or two. Looking forward to it.

I've had to sell a couple of my current eyepiece collection to raise funds.

They are a lot smaller and much lighter than my Vixen LVW's, yet have a slightly wider field of view ?? Wonder how they do that ?

I even got to meet David Nagler today, ( son of the legendary Al ) who was over from the States. Nice chap.

I met him at Kelling last year when he turned up with Widescreen Center to help launch the Delos range. Very nice bloke and obviously totally keyed up. Those Pans will be nice - which bino viewers did you order? :)

I've gone for the Baader Maxbrights Kim. Not too bad at under £200. I simply couldn't justify forking out for a set of Denks, or Mk5's at 6 times the price. By the way, did you get the dovetail ok.....?

I nearly got the Maxbrights brad new - they were around £250 at the time and I hesitated cos Kelling was round the corner. There was a mod'd 350D and a pair of older model Denks for a bargain on a s/h stall there. Went down to Holt to get the cash out to buy both and when I got back the Denks had gone - ugh! So I ended up with a pair of new WO bv's - still very nice but I'll upgrade at some time - probably when I see another pair of s/h Denks. :)

Not been out yet - just going to pick up the dovetail in a few mins :)

I have a 24mm panoptic and I love it, I can only imagine how good 2 in a bino viewer will be

Oh we'll have to get together John and try that out in the CPC 925 with my bv's - I have a 24mm Panoptic too - beautiful eyepiece. You won't have to wonder any more - nor me for that matter. :)

(edited due to brain fade lol)