• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Moon 19th Feb 2013

Perkil8r

Thanks for the kind words. I'm not all that happy with it to be honest, I might go have another go in a bit.

It's nice and crisp it must be i good if Stephen as commented on it, as he says planets and the moon are for wuss's ,(no disrespect stephen) I tried to stack some the other day i got with the dslr registax 6 and 5,what a pain what made you use the clip in filter on the moon ? Could you pm me the details how you stacked as no mater what I did it would not have it I tried just stack in a few about 5 and still no joy

Pat

;)

Just couldn't be bothered to remove it to be honest.

Registax 6 won't cope with RAW format, I use 5.1 instead for raw images.

Load them up, and click on "None" for alignment method, that then allows you to click on manual align. Then click align and it asks you to click on area of interest. Click on a tiny detail with the crosshair right on it, then it goes to the next image and you click on the exact point again and so on untill you've done them all, then just stack as normal.

I use a small detail so that I know I am exactly on it each time so it has the best chance of being right.

It's the only way I have ever got registax to stack images of the moon or sun.