• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

25 or 30mm adaptor

catman161

Hey guys does anybody know where I can get a 25 or 30mm version of the 2 inch eyepiece adaptor pictured below? I need a shorter one so that when I use my powermate with the webcam I can gain focus more easily. At present I have to put the powermate directly into the focuser tube and pull it back slightly so that the entirety of the powermate is only half in the focuser tube. Help appreciated.

vusygery.jpg

7adygezy.jpg

Edited by catman161

Oh, you want to put a 2" eyepiece into a 1.25" scope? Sorry I thought you meant the other way around. I'll get back to my tracking issues :)

James

I'm not sure graham is able to make stuff at the moment Stephen as he was gonna make me a parallelogram mount recently but couldn't due to problems with his work/machines. Thanks though.

Oh, you want to put a 2" eyepiece into a 1.25" scope? Sorry I thought you meant the other way around. I'll get back to my tracking issues :)

James

Hey James, nope it's a two inch focuser draw tube and two inch adaptor. The opening on both ends of the adaptor is two inches. I need one just like the one pictured but just a shorter length :)

Edited by catman161

Guest Kheldar

I'm not sure graham is able to make stuff at the moment Stephen as he was gonna make me a parallelogram mount recently but couldn't due to problems with his work/machines. Thanks though.

He's up and running, send him a PM :)

Assuming that's the stock Skywatcher 2" (useless and redundant) 2" adaptor, there's no after market solutions with that taper on the bottom ...