• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

What have I got here then?

Guest Turtleboy

Guest Turtleboy

Hi guys.

Just got these two eyepieces with my new (to me) scope. The scope is actually about 10 years old and these were the eyepieces originally supplied with it.

I'm just wondering what they are and if they're any good as I'm still new to all this. I know they are older ep's but are they still considered to be useful?

They are both marked with a capital "T" in a circle next to the word"Japan" one says Or.9mm which in assuming means Ortho (although I'm not sure whether that is a good or a bad thing) and the other seems like a fairly wide fov 20mm marked with the letters "Er". (Possibly eye relief?)

20130220_233003_zpsf5e6f799.jpg

I've not had a chance to try them yet as I've only just picked up the scope but they both look in good condition and of reasonable quality.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

I recently sold a 6mm circle t ortho and a 25mm circle t ortho. Lovely sharp eyepieces. I dont know about the erfle design but the 9mm ortho you have there should deliver some cracking planetary and lunar views.

They are Circle T (Towa) Volcano top eyepieces the 9mm is orthoscopic and the 20mm erfle. I have exactly the same 20mm. They are good quality eyepieces maybe anything up to 20+ years old. I have the erfle and a 6mm kellner. The 20mm gives a respectable fov the 6mm is not as wide as some modern ep but good quality both