• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

My wife will kill me......Astrofest purchase No 3

Bino-viewer

Ever since i got the AZ-EQ6 mount i've been thinking about a second OTA to go with my refractor,

as a 'dual set-up' when in alt-az mode.

Well i've been researching & had two contenders in mind.....the Skywatcher 180 Mak......or...... the Celestron C8 Edge HD

Two weeks ago at Astrofest i saw it, drooled over it for a bit, the sales person took pity on me, a good price was offered,

and after a lot of deliberation a deal was struck. ( I'm dreading my next credit card bill  :facepalm: )

This will be the last bit of telescope hardware for the foreseeable future, although it's been over 4 years since my last scope purchase.

Anyway....a knock on the door this morning, and there it was.

I must say, it looks beautiful. Here are a few pictures.

Needless to say, the weather will now be crap till about mid April, so first light may take a while.

This will give me time to get things nicely balanced on the mount. I'm also waiting a dew shield / heater from FLO, and a few other bits & bobs.

I'll post some more pictures soon.

Thanks for looking  :)

I think you made the right choice there - very nice indeed :)

Just realised - it's gonna look dead tasty on that mount - wouldn't mind hearing a bit more the mount being as it's so new.

You never said what decided it ;) looks good though I went down the Mak route. Mainly because an 8"RC was stretching my budget too much :)

Nice. I too would love to see a pic with your mount in alt az with both OTA's on.

Very nice.

Lucky boy.

Not at all jealous............

Echo the above, need a picture of the whole set-up.

Very nice set-up though.

I would hide the receipt / credit card bill if I was you :)

Now that looks sweet Rob.

If your wife does kill you, could you leave it me in your will?

If you don't ask, you don't get.  :D