• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Documentary on Friday evening about last weeks Russian meteor strike

Bino-viewer

This should be worth watching : it's on 'Quest' , Sky Channel 154 at 20:00hrs.

A one off documentary. (I think 'Quest' is also available on Freeview, though I'm not sure of it's channel number)

Nice one thanks for heads up. For any virgin media people (like me) I believe quest is channel 179 (I think-don't quote me). Will set the box to record :)

Guest Meteoriot
Nice one thanks for heads up. For any virgin media people (like me) I believe quest is channel 179 (I think-don't quote me). Will set the box to record :)

172 on virginmedia I think. Used to be 179

:)

Edited by Meteoriot

Guest Meteoriot

It was worth a watch I suppose. They got lots of facts wrong though. Even when they later corrected themselves they were still wrong! Lol

Edited by Meteoriot

Too "americanised" for my liking I am afraid. Lots of inaccuracies as stated above and just so melodramatic! Got downright annoying towards the end for me personally :(.

Edited by catman161

This should be worth watching : it's on 'Quest' , Sky Channel 154 at 20:00hrs.

A one off documentary. (I think 'Quest' is also available on Freeview, though I'm not sure of it's channel number)

Justa bit of a heads up on this thread

Channel 4 on Sunday at 9pm have a program about the meteor with unseen footage and

scientists that were local to the air blast

As mentioned about the US versions they tend to repeat themselves over and over

again as if they don’t think the viewers will understand what they're explaining :facepalm:

They over sex it up, dramatic music, weird camera angles  etc,  :angry: 

one of the reasons I got fed up with the Discovery /History channels docs just give me the facts few graphic etc

Maybe worth a watch will have to record it as it clashes with Mr Selfridge :facepalm:  :facepalm: :facepalm:  

CH4 and the BBC tend to aim at a higher level in their documentaries’ (well some times CH4 let's themselves down) My gispy wedding :wacko:

Yeah sorry your right Richard

just checked I think I got confused as I recorded the documentary on the Comet (Plane) that exploded on CH4 +1 last sunday and during a break they advertised nexts weeks doc on the meteor think I must of got confused :wacko:

Will have to recorded it anyway as its "Call the Midwife" at 8 :blush:

Sad life maybe get clear skies and be outside!! :lol:  Nah don't think so with this weather pattern :brr:

Guest Meteoriot

It looks like there was a bbc horizon special too tonight at nine?!

I'm just catching the end of it. It should be on iplayer thankfully :)

Guest Meteoriot
Yeah sorry your right Richard

just checked I think I got confused as I recorded the documentary on the Comet (Plane) that exploded on CH4 +1 last sunday and during a break they advertised nexts weeks doc on the meteor think I must of got confused :wacko:

Will have to recorded it anyway as its "Call the Midwife" at 8 :blush:

Sad life maybe get clear skies and be outside!! :lol: Nah don't think so with this weather pattern :brr:

Wow the channel 4 program so far is amazing!