• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi All, Just introducing myself

Guest AstroOlly

Guest AstroOlly

Hi,

I am an amateur Astronomer with a keen interest in Astrophotography, i have been imaging for a while but because of the long learning curve i am only just starting to get decent results.

I live on the border of Leicestershire in a small rural village called Sheepy Magna around 24 miles from Leicester city centre.

I have been using other forums for a while and just seen this one on Stargazers Lounge, and thought i would join as it is my most local to me.

I created a website to show my images and to share other useful info and ideas for DIY equipment. 

http://www.ollyspages.co.uk

All comments welcome.

Meade 8" LX90 SCT
Skywatcher ST80 (piggybacked)
Canon 1000d DSLR (Modded)
Meade DSI (Guide camera)
Philips Toucam Pro Webcam

Astronomik UV &IR block filter
Meade .63 Focal Reducer
Astronomik EOS LP clip filter
Homebuilt pier
Homemade wedge

Regards

Olly

Hello and welcome to EMS..

You will find we are all a real friendly bunch with a couple of darksites that we meet at (weather allowing).

Keep an eye on the announcments section as meets get arranged and canceled at the last minute due to the weather.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Hi Stewart, a warm welcome to EMS.

I love the star trails and M27, very nice.

You would be very welcome to join us down a dark site, when we get a clear night that is! 

If you are interested and have any spare holiday, have a look at our own star party, at Anderby Creek, on the East Coast. The skies there are pitch black, and  we had a great time last year.

Enjoy the forum.  :)

Hi Olly and welcome to EMS!

I made your link clickable in your first post, so it's easier for folks to visit. :)

I like your images, particularly of M42... it's my favourite DSO. There's loads of imaging talent here so hopefully you can hone those skills. :D

Enjoy the forums.

Guest AstroOlly

Hi Olly and welcome to EMS!

I made your link clickable in your first post, so it's easier for folks to visit. :)

I like your images, particularly of M42... it's my favourite DSO. There's loads of imaging talent here so hopefully you can hone those skills. :D

Enjoy the forums.

Thanks for that, was trying to do it myself, and thanks for the welcome

Guest Wraith01mg

I'm new myself olly. Imaging is an area I want to go to as soon as I figure out how all my kit works first hehe.

So welcome. Everyone seems very nice here.

Guest AstroOlly

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the welcome and yes everyone here does seem very friendly, you are not that far from me in Melton Mowbray probably the closest of all i have seen on here up to now.

I love the imaging side of astronomy, have been dabbling for a while now, and am starting to get some good images, but this hobby can be so expensive, i just think i have all i need and then another load of £££££ on something else, my wife don't know the half of what i have spent over the past couple of years, luckily she's very often out when the postman or courier arrives so is just a case of hiding the boxes and jiffy bags...LOL

Olly

welcome to the forum Olly, just visited your website and made a comment on your m42 image, looks great to me,

Guest AstroOlly

welcome to the forum Olly, just visited your website and made a comment on your m42 image, looks great to me,

Thanks very much, i appreciate it, not had many comments on there.

Olly