• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Lunar 18th February

catman161

Hi, I have just been going through the avis I took with the SPC900NC from the 18th February. I didn't originally plan on procssing this avi at all due to a speck of dust on the chip but I was bored so I did it anyway. Apologies for the big black speck of dust in the middle of the below image, the offending dust particle has since been removed with the aide of compressed air (thanks for the advice everyone) :)

Cheers Eddy :)

Yeah it is good fun now I have managed to work out how to actually use the webcam :) I need to get a netbook with a good battery life if I want to webcam from anywhere other tha home though as the laptop has a battery life of aproximately two minutes! I powered it from an outside wetaherproof socket in my yard when I have used the webcam at home. Not sure what make/model of netbook has the best battery life though-may need to do some research. The compressed air cans from maplins did a good (quick) job of removing the dust from both the filter and the sensor for me-highly recommended-just make sure that the can is upright and primed first or liquid comes out and will probably not be too good for the webcam.

Edited by catman161

Thanks everyone. Glad I processed now. I liked the features but was gutted with the dust when I saw the videos as I didn't see it at the time. Well it's gone now so the next shots should be better.

Ha ha! Thanks Pat but I don't think you have anything to worry about! You have been doing this a lot longer than me and I am only using a webcam! You're the lunar king around here Pat :)

Lol! I don't know pat I like the webcamming but I just love looking at sky too. I aim to keep a healthy balance between the two. Also I need to keep a balance between visual and imaging as my bank balance will suffer otherwise, imaging is expensive!

Great photo Felix. Out of interest, how big are the creators (kray ters) (lol) (spelling) in the image?

That I am not sure of Toby I'm afraid as I did not identify the craters in the picture. Maybe some of the "luna lovers" could help me out with the crater identities, Mick, Pat?? :)

felix did ya no apollo 15 landed in this image if ya one i can download the pic and mark every thing with crater sizes tjis is some thing i love the moon i could ho on all night about it

Pat

Hey pat that would be fantastic, thanks :)

Pat that is absolutely brilliant! Thanks for doing that-helps my learning so much, cheers :)