• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

NEQ6 PRO Synscan alignment bolts

Allan the Plumber

Hi

Can anyone advise me where I can purchase replacement alignment bolts for the Skywatcher NEQ6 PRO Synscan
I have noticed that some people have proper sized alignment bolts I think the one
on the rear is ratcheted too. :o

The steel one supplied with the mount are poor hard to turn and I'm afraid I may bend them

If anyone knows a website or company that ship them I'd be grateful

I apologise if this has already been posted I have tried to look though the forum but can't find what I'm looking for

Since I probably haven't explain I enclose a photo from a very good explination of polar alignment from Srevebb on SGL that shows what i'm talking about

Cheers

Allan

You can get them on eBay from quite a few vendors. I fear if yours are tight to turn already you may have already bent them :(

They only need to be tweaked not really tight.

Just go on eBay and search for NEQ6 and they will come up.

You can get them on eBay from quite a few vendors. I fear if yours are tight to turn already you may have already bent them :(

They only need to be tweaked not really tight.

Just go on eBay and search for NEQ6 and they will come up.

Thanks for that I have found a company on ebay

Oh dear I thought I was being carefull hope I haven't damaged the mount in my haste :blush:

Thanks

Guest Kheldar

I'd be inclined to think you have not damaged anything at all unless you physically can't remove them from the mount :o Having put Sheila's in at the weekend I can tell you the NEQ6 bolts are a LOT stiffer than the EQ5/HEQ5 version - and I certainly didn't bend them ... I trust :blink:

Edited by Kheldar

Thats great to know :D

Have found an ebay site that sell them so I'll probably end up replacing the bolts just in case

:rolleyes:

I know but I worry  :blink:

:facepalm: I'm new to this stuff and if I've damaged anyhting I won't be able to live with myself :o

Still waiting for clear skies to get out there :brr:

cheers
Allan