• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

AstroCookie intro

Astrocookie

Hi All.

I got my first scope sw130 a year and a half ago and have added to my arsenal with an apo ed80.

I'm also a member of astronomy shed and the LAS.

Just starting out in astrophotography.

Looking to find somewhere for observation sessions.

Heard about this forum from the shed as my astrophotography is somewhat hampered by skyglow and was told about wymeswold being a dark sky site!!!!

I like to do things on a shoestring mainly due to necessity :-$

Have made my own guiding system from 50mm finder, transistor array and eq5 dual drive mount.

Hoping to find out a bit more about the meetings at wymeswold.

Looking forward to sharing experiences and knowledge with you all

:-)

Hi welcome to EMS.

We have 2 dark sites, 1 at Belper and 1 at Wymswold. To use these dark sites you have to be a dark site member, this costs just £20 a year for near unlimited access.

You can try out each dark site once for free, just to make sure you like them, then once a member you can go up when you like.

Meets are arranged at short notice, due to the weather, so keep an eye on the announcements section, especially at weekends. They can get cancelled just as quick as they get arranged.

The Belper dark site is great, the Milky Way clearly visible, but it gets very cold due to it height.

Wymswold is just behind Belper but is still very dark.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Thanks everyone.

Edward. I'll post a few images of my guider on one of the forums and if you require any of the technical jargon I can send it to you.

Hi Paul and a warm welcome to EMS. :)

You'd be very welcome to join us at a session to see how you feel about the dark site and meet the group. I'm sure you'll find it a fun and interesting evening. Keep your eye's peeled on the info and announcements section for the next meet (mostly on a clear weekend).

Meantime enjoy the forum and hope to meet you soon :)

• 1 month later...

Thought so  ;)

Did you go Wymeswold weekend just gone?

The skies looked cracking here and I was jealous but couldn't make it due to family illness.  :(

• 3 weeks later...