• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

I really need some sense

philjay

I really must curb myself at auctions, we were placing commission bids for antiquey stuff for the business and I slipped a bid in on this and won it.

A 68" 36 lbs pull recurve take down target bow kit. I always fancied having a go at archery and have been promising myself to look into it, so now I have the chance BUT there is one snag....

I have a frozen shoulder and I was only at the chiropractor this afternoon for treatment :facepalm: , when I told him about it he just shook his head and laughed.

I didnt really plan this through did I :rolleyes: ? 

Still I intend to have a go in the garden even if its at 6 foot range, some folks actually take up archery to help with strained backs, necks shoulders etc, when I told my chiropractor he just smiled and said "I'll be seeing you next week for sure then"  :D

Oh PS We didnt win any antiquey stuff for the business, this was the only succesful bid, to Fliss' amusement :D

That's pretty impressive gear Phil! I bet the neighbour's won't put any night lights on from now on !!! :lol:  :lol:

Are you gonna steal from the rich and give to the poor then Phil? If so I could do with some extra cash - or are you just gonna be riding round the Glen with a merry bunch of men? lol

Nice gear though - I'll bet your chiropractor is rubbing his hands with glee :)

garden Phil :o  you know the range of that sort of gear  :lol:  maybe do a bit of checking first... dont slip on the grip will you!!!

Sheila :lol:

Very nice.

You'll be aiming at some completely different targets with that gear. :lol:

get your self a wrist protector ;) i can still feel it,  rubbing the wrist as I type

btw do you really need another potentially expensive hobby :D

well yes but you know what I mean   enjoy!

Phil the Sagittarius 

Edited by Ibbo

That looks awesome! I have become obsessed with the program Arrow and have been looking at compound bows since!

That looks a lovely bit of kit.

Could you put a picture up of it assembled? Also how big is it???

Managed to lob a few arrows at a cardboard box at 20 yards this afto, got to get a proper target. Managed to hit it a few times, lost one arrow early on due to windage across the field at the back of us, its buried deep somewhere, itll turn up eventually.

Only shot about 30 arrows at low power to get used to it as I didnt want to strain my shoulder but was hitting the box everytime after the first 10 shots.  

Ibbo said

get your self a wrist protector ;) i can still feel it,  rubbing the wrist as I type

Theres one in there Steve but funnily enough I have never scraped the string on my arm when I have tried this in the past and it appears I still dont, I must be bow armed as well as bow legged :D but I still wear one just in case.

That looks a lovely bit of kit.

Could you put a picture up of it assembled? Also how big is it???

Its 68" long tip to tip with a draw of 36 lbs which is more than enough to lob arrows at 30 yards plus with good accuracy. The pic below shows it assembled, the cat is shown for scale :D

Been doing a bit of research and these kits were churned out by Decathlon about 10 years ago but the previous owner has added all the accessories including stabiliser, bow wrist strap, quiver, tab, sight, tensioner, string, stringer, string gauge etc etc. I got it for a reasonable price so Im happy.

Not doing this seriously though its just to excercise my upper body every so often to stop me seizing up and to have a bit of fun so no plans on Olympics just yet, been down that route with match pistol years ago dont want to do it again

What is the draw weight of it Phil? If it's a good 100lb plus it will knacker your shoulder.

I have got to see you in Lincoln green tight's! Ask Fliss for a pic.  :D

36 lbs with 28 inch draw mate, not too hard on my shoulder but I aint pushing it at the mo, max 30 shots at reduced draw.

Ive been wearing my thermal lincoln greens today btw

Sweet bit of kit. My neighbours used to shoot for the Rolls Royce team, but got fed up with having to give up both days at the weekends.

Their cat used to sit under the target and watch the arrows fly in, so it was a good job they were decent shots.

God help anyone who tries to get into your obsy!. :o