• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

WE ARE 1 (march elac meet) 9th March

cosmic dave

Hi Guys, March meet is this saturday night 9th March @ Gibraltar point Visitor centre car park and its our first birthday. I would like to say a big thanks to everyone that has supported us over the last year the club really seems to be taking off now thanks to you guys.

As usual everyone is welcome to attend, Hope to see you there.

David

Happy Birthday to us!! :D

Hard to beleive that it has been a whole year since we all met up for the first time.

I would just like to say how much i have enjoyed our monthly meetings and a big thanks to Dave, Paul and Ron and all the others that have attended for making our observing sessions so enjoyable. We always have a laugh, a bit of ribbing (Fireball!!) and a mutual love of Astronomy and i have seen more in the last year than in  all the years of observing before.

We have a great dark site and 90% of sessions we have been very lucky to have had clear skies, even if not for the whole evening.

So well done Dave especially, but also Ron and Paul for starting up ELAC and hope the next 12 months are as successful.

Edited by oldfruit

A fantastic job by you all, congratulations on your 1st Birthday.

Here's hoping for clear skies for you. :)

Happy Birthday ELAC, I  echo everything Mark has said, good site,good friends and good fun !! Here's to the next year (hope it's a Comet year!)

Cheers

Ron

Guest @ndyC

Happy Birthday ELAC!

I have thoroughly enjoyed every meet at Gib Point and a big thankyou to all of you for making me feel so welcome since my first meet last April. 

We need to organise another meal to celebrate and have a few beers! :)

Happy Birthday ELAC!

I have thoroughly enjoyed every meet at Gib Point and a big thankyou to all of you for making me feel so welcome since my first meet last April. 

We need to organise another meal to celebrate and have a few beers! :)

Did somebody say beer!!! Count me in. :D

Guest MakkaPakka1

Happy birthday ELAC, sounds like I'm at the right place for observing. Congrats on a successful first year, all the best for the next. See you all on Saturday.

The weather is not looking good for Saturday night?  I may wait till Sat am before deciding, I know it's the 1st birthday but it's a long way to drive and not have a drink either!!

Will certainly be at Paul's the next Saturday (16th) though!

Cheers

Ron

Thought this was something like Highlander (There can be only one!) and ignored the thread till I did a second take..... so....

Congrats guys and Happy Birthday ELAC

lol :)