• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Derby & District Observing Session

Craig

Our next observing session will be held, subject to weather conditions, on Saturday, 21st January 2012 from 7:30 pm onwards at the Society's Flamsteed Observatory. A variety of telescopes will be available, including the Society's 10" Newtonian under the dome and our 8" Meade LX-90, as well as those that may brought along by members.

New people are always welcome and you can even bring your own scope!

The weather forecast for the rest of the week looks crap, but if by some miracle Saturday is clear then I will be going.

Anybody up for this, if it's clear?

They're a nice bunch at DDAS.

me too, the weather doesn't look too promising for the DDAS stargazing event so, short of another miracle on wednesday I'll probably not bother with that one.

Hi folks,

TONIGHT'S OBSERVING SESSION (SATURDAY 21ST JANUARY) IS GOING AHEAD from

7:30 pm onwards at the Society's Flamsteed Observatory. The Society's 10"

Newtonian telescope under the dome will be available, as well as our 8"

Meade LX90.

Regards,

Mike Lancaster

Derby & District Astronomical Society

http://www.derbyastronomy.org/

I'll be there. :)

Hi Craig

How did it go?

I will make it to one but the weather looked crap last night.

It wasn't great to be honest, the gaps in the cloud were brief and few, and the interest following Stargazing Live meant it was cramped in the observatory.

I can't help but feel a trick has been missed. If folks are really that interested, it would be better to have several scopes in use so people can get involved and feel the wow-factor.