• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Synscan AZ mount issue

dawson

Every time i connect my handset to my mount the altitude component of the mount rotates continuously. I took the telescope off the mount and let it do one complete rotation but it still wants to go on! I've checked the connections and all seems fine.

Is there a reset function somewhere, but the handset seems frozen.

Any ideas?

James

Edited by dawson

Should be a factory reset, check on the menu (if you can) or do an update with the computer?

Cheers

Ron

Guest Ely Ellis

If it only does it when you plug in the HC, then you are probably correct with the fact its frozen.

If you can't unlock it, what about connecting it to the computer but use Celestrons NexRemote software to see if the mount responds!

you still have to plug into the bottom of the HC (although maybe your mount you can bypass altogether), but the HC just acts as a dumb voltage level converter.

Also as Ron says, you can re-flash you HC using same cable!

Cheers

Martin

Guest Ely Ellis

Oh, you must have posted the 'Fixed' while I was typing my reply.

So, how did you fix it?  Just in case it happens to me!

Cheers

Martin

Well, I'm slightly embarressed to say, even with two university degrees I hadn't noticed one of the arrow buttons was wedged in! Hence it spinning constantly and the handset being locked.

At least the fix was easy :)

Thanks for taking the time to post some help.

Don't tell anyone else how daft I am.

James