• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

2 inch nosepiece webcam adaptor?

catman161

Does anybody know if there is such a thing as a 2 inch nosepiece adaptor for the SPC900NC webcam? I have the 1.25 inch nosepiece but just wondered if a 2 inch version existed on the market?

Cheers

As Stephen says, surely it won't get any more light on the sensor, unless you want one for it to feel more stable? If you were really desperate I bet someone like Graham could make one up if you got the thread size

Hi all have found it. Reason I wanted one as my 200P with the TV 2x Powermate in to get focus requires me to have only half the barrel in the focuser draw tube due to not enough travel to gain focus with the barrel fully inserted. As the 2 inch version can go straight into Powermate without the 1.25 inch adapter I will gain that little bit extra needed when using a smaller extension. That's the theory anyway! Will wait and see. If not my back up is to get graham ( :) ) to machine a bespoke extension of exactly the right length to use the 2 inch adapter with. Thanks for your help.

Found adapter from Bern at Modern astronomy

http://www.modernastronomy.com/accessories.html

ygejy7eg.jpg

Hey pat, here ya go :)

9eby4a8a.jpg

Filter screws in to the centre of 2 inch adapter, the adapter them goes directly into the 2inch Powermate-no need for 1.25 adaptor :)

y2a2emej.jpg

Looks like a bath plug felix :) I hope it wasn't too expensive! Good work finding it.

James

No probs pat :)

It was cheap for what it is I think James 14.99 for anodised aluminium adapter. Ordered from bern @ modern astronomy late Wednesday night and arrived Friday morning great service and great quality-just feels good in my hand ya know? Just need some clear sky to test it now.

Edited by catman161