• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hey

Guest CSharmy

Guest CSharmy

Hi guys recently bought a new scope (my first).

Still haven't had the chance to use it though  :(

anyway hi!

Chris

Guest CSharmy

I got a Skywatcher 130P!

just took it outside and caught Jupiter and 4 moons which was pretty awesome, can't work out how to get a view with my 2X barlow attached though, any help please?

Guest CSharmy

I have a 10mm and 25mm, I tried but couldn't get anything:/ is the barlow supposed to to just have like a tiny pinhole in the bottom?

Hi Chris, a warm welcome to EMS.

There should be quite a hole in the base of the Barlow, you should be able to see through it, it doesn't have a dust cap on does it? Just a thought.

In the meantime enjoy the forum. :)

Guest CSharmy

it's got the tiniest of holes and I thought it was a dustcap but I screwed it off and the cap has the lens part in it, I'll have another little play around when I get back from college and let you know.

Thanks for all the welcomes! :)

It's going to be cloudy for the foreseeable future so all of these astronomers will have nothing to do; get one of them to have a look at it for you.

James

Guest CSharmy

Hey guys I've been really busy at work and college at the moment but managed to get some viewing in tonight, I fixed my Barlow (it was a dustcap, but a very tight one :P )

Got some pics with my DSLR aswell, will upload them in the imaging section later as my camera is currently on my shed roof doing some star trails!

Oh an I appreciate the e-mail Martyn, sorry I didn't have time to reply!

Edited by CSharmy

Hi and welcome to EMS Chris. Good to hear you got the Barlow sorted and are having a stab at imaging, it's a slippery slope and a steep learning curve all in one so good luck! There are plenty of experienced members on here that can help if you have a problem. Good luck with the new scope.

Guest Wraith01mg

I've got the same Barlow mate. It's a clear plastic lens cap, just pull it off, don't unscrew or you'll remove the whole base.

Hi and welcome Chris.

Good name by the way.