• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

DSS problem

dawson

I'm trying to stack some frames I did the the other night again in DSS as I've watched a tutorial and wanted to change some things; namely I've changed the setting in "Raw/FITS DDP settings...." to make it do colour and not monochrome.

When I come to click register it comes up with this error message. I've tried changing the settings back, but it still comes up with this error. I'm sure I managed to stack these same images the other night, I just don't know what has changed, other than the files location.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

James

Not sure, try googling part of the error, if you have no luck try the DSS Yahoo group and I'm sure you'll get it sorted quickly :)

James, it is star party week this week (SGL8) so you may not get a quick response on here depending who has gone.

(I think majority of the imagers may of gone)

It's not urgent. I think it must be related to move the files from the laptop. I'm sure it will work OK next time I take a series, I just wanted to try the stacker again now I understood the software a little more.

Thanks

James

James

You say you stacked these images the other night.

If this is the case you need to check the folder which these subs are in.

When you use DSS it records the info and adds it to your subs.

If you are trying to restack a sub with this info on and have changed the settings the info will not match the new settings.

Hope that makes sense.

I searched Google and it didn't help.

I've just been through the files, and one of them was framed in portrait, while the others were landscape. I have no idea why as I didn't consciously do that, but that seems to have done the trick.

So the key is, if you get that error message, it means what it says, and you should check all your files are in fact the same size and orientation!

Thanks for the replies.

James