• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Some help needed :)

catman161

Hi Guys,

Right, what with all this terrible weather and the fact I have a week off before starting my new job I have decided on a project.

I am going to attempt to build a parallellogram mount for my 25x100 big bins.

It's ambitious as I am not great at DIY-hence the post. Now I have decided on wood as the material as it is easier to work with than metal. What I am lacking is a good guide on how to even get started. I am after a guide with measurements and photographs if anyone knows of one?? I have a friend who is a mechanical engineer so I am going to e calling on his mathematical and technical know how I am sure. I just need to get started. In order to do that I need to get the materials but in order to know what to buy I need a guide!

So if anybody on here has found any detailed guides on how to go about this type of project please could you let me know? I have found many threads but none that have explicitly explained the measurements, processes etc.

Any help gratefully received :)

Thanks

Blimey. I didn't know what one was and looked it up in google. It looks like an ambitious project for someone who confesses they are not a natural born DIYer!

Why don't you just go on holiday for a week like any normal person :)

Good luck. Don't call me for help, i'm less of a DIYer than you.

James

Holiday not an option as paying for June holiday on Tuesday and buying all new clothes for work next week also and I need a P-Mount for the bins and its snowing/raining/cloudy all the time! Only thing left to do is tinker :)

I'm off work on Thursday, if you need me to make tea and give instructions let me know :)

James

Ha ha cheers James :) you're more than welcome to pop over just drop me a pm. Unfortunately I am without the car so am limited to home/town.

Cheers guys! Lots of reading to do now :) I just saw Jupiter was above the moon so fired off 20 subs with the FZ8 am gonna see what I can do with them in Photoshop, if I can workout how to use it! Then it's bedtime reading-thanks again :)