• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi-jacked Chrome

Guest Steve

Guest Steve

Hi mods. Any advise on how to clear an issue I have with Chrome - when I go to the EMS site it just shows a 123.reg.co.uk page instead. On Explorer it is fine.

I guess I went somewhere dirty!!!

Ta

Steve.

A few months ago we had to change our web address (from .co.uk to .org.uk), I would say your Chrome browser still has the old address on it.

If you delete that and insert the new address, it will be fine.

Guest Steve

Wow - you are right. That is weird as I use the Open New Tab to get the list of most visited sites and I pick EMS from there - I have used this for months with out issue - until yesterday afternoon. No idea why that would suddenly point to the .co.uk address!!!

Ah well, not to worry.

Thanks Daz

The old .co.uk domain expired a week or so ago now - owner failed to pay the annual subscription. Highly likely that was the problem if that's where you've pointed all this time Steve. :)

Guest Ely Ellis

Maybe a clear out of your cache.

Firefox is a pain for using the cache. Sometimes I change something on my own website and no matter how many times I refresh / reload, the change doesn't show. I have to go into Firefox's settings and delete the cache.

Maybe Chrome is similar.

Martin