• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Dark Skies Cornwall

Allan the Plumber

Typical I get a week to see family in Cornwall a chance to take my hardly used new scope and mount  out for an airing, to possiblly get a look at PANSTARR and I've just seen the weather forcast for this week :angry:

:angry:  :angry:  

If it’s not cold and cloudy I find then a  large low is pushing in from the Southwest bring storm winds and rain :facepalm2:

Can anyone tell me why I bought a telescope?

Can I write to my member of parliament and complain about cloudy skies :screwloose:

Did anyone see Countryfile on Sunday in the new dark skies site in Wales?

Sorry just needed to get that off my chest

Allan

I'm off to Cornwall in may. Hopefully the weather is playing nice then. Staying right down at lizard point, so I'll hopefully get some great dark skies.

We were gonna book a campsite for next week - but we've held off till the weather gets better - who know's when that'll happen. Still having the time off work though - we both need a good break. If it clears up at night I might have a few sessions on the drive or in the garden. :)