• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Free - Konus 114 Newt

philjay

Continuing my clearing out of the garage so I can possibly get a car in there as was the original intention for the garage if I remember rightly  :)

Ive got this Konus 114 newt going for nowt, just collect (wont post)

Its a bit ropey on the outside with a few scratches but no dents. Its mucky and needs a clean, the primary may be OK once washed but I cant guarantee it. Complete with cradle.

No eyepieces, no mount, no tripod no nothing except what you see.

If no takers in the next 7 days its going in the bin

Phil I will take it, my 3 year old has been going on about wanting a telescope (yay, proud father) for the last 2 weeks.

Also gives me yet another DIY project to occupy myself.

Its yours Daz, i aint looked through it, it needs collimation and a wash but if you can use it be my guest, pm me and we can sort something out re collect

If you want a mount for it Daz you can borrow my cg5 until you get a mount sorted for it, and just return it when you are done

Smashing gesture Phil - very nice offer

And kudos to Eddy too for offering a mount loan.

This is what EMS is all about :)

I agree Kim, I was loathed to get him a really cheap one, but didn't want to get him a semi expensive one either.

Phil generous offer has answered both my issues, a decent scope for a 3 year old at zero outlay.

And thanks for the offer Eddy, but I will say no, a 3 year old with proper kit is bound to end in disaster, and I couldn't afford to replace it if anything happened.

I just love EMS.

Very good of you phil. Haven't got any nice refractors you want rid of do you? :lol:

They take up alot of space! :D

Edited by T A WOW

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.