• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Spider for a Helios / Skywatcher 200 Newt.

Graham

Due to the most bizarre accident I now need a spider for my Helios 200 newt.  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :blush: 

Any one with an idea where I can get a replacement from please shout up.

I will also need a new barrel nut which holds the spider in place as I cannot find this one for love nor money.

Thanks

Graham

Is it the spider vanes that are damaged ?

Hi Paul.

The end of one of them has broken which is not a problem as I can fix that in a couple on ticks its the threaded bit that goes on the end that is the problem.

It is still inside the barrel nut which has completely disappeared.

I mean how hard can it be to find a huge silver lump of metal in a small room ????

It must have gone off like a bullet because I have had that room to pieces twice now and there is no sign of it. :lol:

I've got a spare spider for a smaller skywatcher scope but the fittings seem to be the same for all. I can let you have one of the big chrome adjusters and if I can get the roll pin out you can have the threaded piece too. PM with your address if you want them.

Paul you are a star.

I am going to pull this place apart again now I have had a cuppa and a smoke.

I mean its only 10 feet by 6 feet how hard can it be to find something that big. :lol:

If I still cannot find it I will pm you my address.

Many thanks

Graham

Roll pin just pushed out easily, so there's a chrome adjuster nut and threaded part for end of the vane ready here if you need it

Paul PM on its way.

If some one told me this had happened to them I would be thinking " looney toones " :screwloose: :screwloose: :screwloose:

The only place it could possibly have gone is a million to one shot.

There is a gap at the back of a unit that it could just about fit through and with out pulling the unit off the wall I will never know.

Many thanks once again I will take you up on your kind offer.

I managed to loose a 2" eye piece adapter, I keep looking for it but it still eludes me.

I managed to loose a 2" eye piece adapter, I keep looking for it but it still eludes me.

:o :o :o how the he--- never mind after today I totally understand :lol: :lol: :lol:

With your garage Paul i am not suprised, it`s like Aladdins cave! :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.