• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Thinking of selling my scope etc but not sure on a price to sell?

Guest paul j

Guest paul j

Hi all,im thinking of selling my celestron c8 xlt scope along with dew shield(not homemade) also in the sale would be a altair astro 10x60 finder guider scope including the illuminated eypiece holder and connetor for a cam,lovely piece of kit.also a 6.3 reducer and the adapter for fixing a dslr too the scope,and a 8inch dew heater band never used,i paid around £1200 for it all not that long ago and its still mint condition, im looking into buying a equinox ed80 or evostar ed80pro,i cant decide what price to sell it for any ideas?

Edited by paul j

I want that observatory!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, can't help with the original question. Check past sales on asb to see if any prices there. Ask for 20% more than you'd be willing to accept.

Good luck.

James

Guest Kheldar

I make the new total of that lot between £1050 and £1200 depending on where you shop.

Second hand is still second hand I'm afraid, unless someone is feeling generous you're not going to beat 75% of new value ... 65% is more likely :(

List for £900 and be prepared to take less and you shouldn't be disappointed.

These are my own rough figures, others opinions may differ ;)

Guest paul j

Thanks stephen,i be happy to let it go at 825.i originally had it up for sale at 750 i now think thats bit to cheap even though it is second hand,

Paul, if you ever have an "open evening" in your observatory i'd love to come and see it in action.

James

Guest paul j

James your welcome to come and view if your over in my area(scunthorpe) its nothing special but was my first attempt at building an astro shed and it does the job for whats needed,my only gripe is i didnt build a warm room but i be starting that within next few month.

paul

Paul, thank you. It looks great on the picture. I'm very jealous.

I need a less urban house and a larger more open back garden. I might need to borrow your blue prints if i do move :)

James

Guest paul j

my garden fairly small too otherwise i would of had made it bigger, if you move anywhere near me im willing to lend hand and give advice on how i built it,to be honest its fairly easy obviously with all new builds theres always something and i wish i did this that different,but like i said its gonna have to do and i keep it for few years and sell it.

I'll have to start a new thread about my garden, but the issue is there are no sheds out the back of my house so it would look odd, plus there are several trees which aren't on my land so the view would be heavily obscured. The best vista is bang in the middle of my garden which would look a very odd place for a shed. I'll post pictures when i think about it in a dedicated thread sometime. I need to stay within 10 road miles of nottingham city hospital too, which limits where i could live, unless i win the lottery!

:)

James

Edited by dawson

Hi Paul,

I'd be interested in the altair astro 10 + 60 finder guider setup if your willing to split the setup, already have the 8 " sct

Edited by red dwalf

Guest paul j

Hi i just had someone interested in buying the full setup but cant quite arrange the full funds at the moment,i see what he comes up with if he cant arrange the funds i might consider splitting, i wil let you know asap,thanks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.