• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Orion Optics UK Europa 250mm OTA

DaveJW

Orion Optics Europa 250mm Newtonian OTA F4.8. This is the old black tube Europa with a 1.25" focuser, mirrors still look good. 

The tube is about 45" long (114cm) so it fits along the back seat of most cars and it weighs about 8kg. It also comes with a small finder scope (not shown as I've never used it) and the mounting plate for a Rigel Quickfinder (because I can't get it off!)

In the picture(s) the tube is still sporting a white clam-shell arrangement that I made to use the tube on a Dob mount. This just bolts around the tube & is yours if you want it, otherwise I'll take it off. I'm keeping the Dob base though (but it's not too hard to make your own if you want to).

£100 to an EMS forum member if collected from my place (Near Nottm IKEA).

Edited by DaveJW

Looks like a bargain Dave, if only I had the space :(

You can make the space Eddy - go on, you know you want to!

Guest Wayne

When are you in. I'm only in Burton on Trent. :-) I'll have it.

Wayne

Pm sent.

Edited by Wayne

Na Wayne, I already have 3 scopes :lol: parents would go mad if I got another :D thought you may buy it as you were looking for something bigger :) at f4.8 it'll be great on DSO

Love that dob cradle Dave.

Thanks John, but if I did again I'd just make a square box that fits flush to the OTA: the cradle made the whole thing bigger than it needed to be.

SOLD to Wayne, many thanks! ...& I almost sold Cazz a dog too.

(so this add can be moved off now thanks).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.