• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Mr Blobby from tonight 16.04.2013

Graham

Whilst setting up tonight I decided to see how the Atik 314 L would perform on a bright moon.

Helios 127 Frac

Atik 314 L

20 x 0.02 second subs

Stacked in Registax 5.

MOON-16.04.2013.PS.jpg

Wow that's a cracker graham, didn't think the ccd would be good on the moon, may have to try it myself instead of this webcam which is covered in dirt.

Just one thing that would have been good is some exposures half the length to try stop parts being overexposed :)

very nice Graham...... and with the 314 :o

Did not know you could do that

Sheila

Thanks folks.

I didn't know it would work either.

It just so happened that I used the moon to set up and align the bits and bobs on the frac.

Once I had done a rough focus on a close star I swung the frac round on to Mr Blobby, amazed at what I saw on the monitor I thought why not give it a go. :lol:

I'm impressed, didn't know a CCD would do that short an exposure...... I really need to get me a CCD.

Nice one.

I'm impressed, didn't know a CCD would do that short an exposure...... I really need to get me a CCD.

Nice one.

Mike this Atik will go right down to 0.001 of a second.