• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

bilbrough, nottingham.

Guest saxon49

Guest saxon49

hi, everyone, i have always been interested in astronomy, i am 63, i bought my first, scope, 2 days ago off ebay from someone in sherwood,its a bresser, skylux f 700m d= 70m, it only came with one lens 20mm not sure what this is,i suppose i will have to get a few more, any help would be most greatfull,

bye for now, charlie,

Hi charlie and welcome to EMS. I've no idea what the telescope is but it will be fun to put it use on the next clear night and see what it does.

James

Hello. Welcome to EMS. I'd hazard a guess that you've got yourself a little achromatic refractor buy your description. The eyepiece you have will give you 35x magnification.

Enjoy the forums.

Toby

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Charles,

Welcome to EMS,    if you a re learning your way round the sky try a copy of 'turn left at orion' and 'sky & telescope pocket star atlas' . Then when you have a few mins download a planetarium program, Stellarium is pretty good and free, and can be found here :-- http://www.stellarium.org/

I may have been watching that, wasn't bidding though.

It is a little f10 achromatic refractor. They come new with kellner 20mm 10mm and 4mm eyepieces and a star diagonal.

I do have one of these but have never used it, it sits round the in laws!! Got it same time and place as my Zeiss so it never got used for obvious reasons.

Good luck with it, bring it along to one of our meeting or observing sessions and im sure youll get all the help you need

Hi Charles, welcome to EMS! 

First and foremost, get yourself to a local astronomical society or one of our meets and look at the kit. You will learn loads and it'll help you buy things you don't need (e.g. choosing your next eyepieces). :)

Enjoy the forums. 

Hi Charles welcome on board, we are a friendly bunch here and any questions don't be afraid to ask, theres an expert for just about every branch of astronomy on here

Hi Charles, welcome to EMS.

It seems that your ebay telescope has done it's job and will get you going in what is a rewarding hobby. A pair of binoculars would be a handy addition at some stage , and will show you things the scope cannot get in it's field of view.

Enjoy the forum. :)

• 3 weeks later...