• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Camera adapter for my 8" Newt

philjay

Managed to get the scope nicely collimated at last after a few internal mods so took it out for an airing on the moon the other night for visual and to take a few snaps through it. Visual was great but found a few probs re the focuser. The 1000d dslr wouldn't come to focus with the SW eyepiece adapter in place but I didn't have anything that would fit in the over large end of the draw tube to take the camera, so I knocked this up yesterday on the lathe.

It takes the Eos 2" nosepiece snuggly and just acts as a liner in the draw tube with the ep adapter out.

Works OK on terrestrial, just need a clear moonlit night to try it.  

Managed to get the scope nicely collimated at last after a few internal mods so took it out for an airing on the moon the other night for visual and to take a few snaps through it. Visual was great but found a few probs re the focuser. The 1000d dslr wouldn't come to focus with the SW eyepiece adapter in place but I didn't have anything that would fit in the over large end of the draw tube to take the camera, so I knocked this up yesterday on the lathe.

It takes the Eos 2" nosepiece snuggly and just acts as a liner in the draw tube with the ep adapter out.

Works OK on terrestrial, just need a clear moonlit night to try it.  

Looks a good piece of engineering