• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Rest in Peace: Tom and Margaret Pugh

I lost my Dad, Tom on Sunday morning and his sister Margaret Tuesday evening. Neither were astronomers but my Dad often liked to see my pictures on my mobile or laptop. Fortunately, they both lived long lives into their 80s.

I'm trying to continue as well as I can but haven't as yet got back to observing and photography.  I have processed some DSLR constellation images taken on April 12th and put them on my blog: http://sungazer127mak.blogspot.fr/

Dad did have the privilege of meeting Sir Patrick and HM The Queen.

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Phil,

Sincere condolences, I can understand a little of what you are going though. My wife lost her father, then a short time later her mum, then 10 days later her gran.

Best Wishes.

Phil

I am so sorry to hear that my thoughts and prayers for them and the rest of the family.

All the best

Sheila

Sorry to hear about that Phil.

Deepest sympathies from Krys and myself.

Don't worry about the observing, you come first, take care of yourself.

Guest devil74

Phil my deepest condolences. I really feel for you. I lost a friend of mine last week who I used to work with and I am struggling with that, he was only 21.

My deepest sympathies at this time Phil.

Damian

Sincere condolences Phil, I lost my Dad in 1991 and still miss him very much, take care of yourself mate.

Thanks again, Folks. I think getting back to observing would help me. Dad wasn't an astronomer himself but he liked looking at my photos and I remember showing him and my nephew the Sun through my PST and his surprise when he realised that he could see lunar craters at 2pm. I also remember how proud he was when he saw my first magazine article.

Not everyone's cup of tea, I know but we taught each other a lot when we went fishing and we both had our claims to fame there.