• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

External storage failure

Antares_Paul

I recently lost all my images, having had a hard drive failure, so slowly I am revisiting previous targets.

This is a short run on M51. Short because of it's position when I started framing.

DSC_0002_zpsf88047be.jpg

Mount limits were off from the start and I only managed 35 minutes before I had to stop tracking.

Full frame;

M51_pi_repro_zpsb513314f.png

Crop;

M51_pi_zps9522f21f.png

7x300s ISO 800. 5 flats and darks.

Unless I get a clear sky this Friday or at the weekend - I expect this will be my last offering until September.

I'd like to thank you all for your help, comments and most of all taking the time to view my imaging efforts. I've enjoyed my first year immensely and hope I can improve over the coming Winter season.

Encouragement here spurs me on ...

Kind regards.

The full frame image is lovely. I can't believe it's only been a year Paul, keep posting I love looking at your photo's.

Guest Ely Ellis

Lovely image.

I always worry when my scope is in that position. I try to avoid it.

It's when you slew to a new target and suddenly hear the wine of the motors as your scope hits the tripod. Not a nice sound.

I absolutely love the full frame image. I am very fond of widefield DSO images though.

Thanks for sharing Paul. I've really enjoyed your images.