• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

First Saturn

Guest Eddy

SPC900, Celestron C90 at f27.8 (2.5m FL).

Snuck this quick 2 minute AVI in on 17th after the moon, came out pretty poor as it was low down.

Saturn.jpg

Edit: Reprocessed after some advice.

Saturn-2.jpg

Edited by Eddy

You got some great data there Eddy and it will come out really good once processed right - Hope someone steps in soon with advice :)

Nice shots eddy-gotta love Saturn. Have you got the Avi on Dropbox link? Wouldn't mind having a go at processing it :)

I'll try get the avi uploaded this weekend felix but it'll take a hell of a long time to upload with my crappy internet :(

Very nice image of Saturn Eddy. I saw it thro 10" SW and the Zeiss ~3" refractor. Could see about 3 moons but my body wasn't resting still at the eyepiece enough so couldn't get a fixed dark adaptation, especially with the moon out, otherwise may have been able to see a couple more but couldn't.