• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello from Hucknall

Guest Hucknallred

Guest Hucknallred

Hi

A big thanks to Dawson (jambouk on Stargazers Lounge) for telling me that this forum existed.

I'm looking to invest in a scope pretty soon after a bad experience with a cheapo refractor bought from Aldi :facepalm2:.

Would be good to get on one of the meets - schedules permitting, to have a nosey at some other members kit before purchasing.

I was toying with the idea of a NexStar 6 SE, which seems to be easily portable, I do plan to travel with my scope.

Also want to dabble in Astrophotography, I have a Lumix G2 which does maximum exposures of 60 seconds, I'm guessing I'd be looking at short exposures & 'stacking' with this camera, so I'm wondering if an EQ mount is essential with this camera?

No doubt I'll be popping up elsewhere with other questions.

Cheers

Hello and welcome here. Hopefully i'll get a free telescope for recommending you :)

James

Hello and welcome to EMS. If you want astrphotography

May your pockets be very deep. :lol:

Sheila

You might to start your question about scope and imaging in another forum, you might get more response there.

James

Hi HR and a warm welcome to EMS :)

Look forward to seeing you at a meeting soon - meanwhile enjoy our forum!

Hi HR, a warm welcome to EMS.

Iam just down the road in Watnall. 

Any questions, please feel free to ask away. :)

Guest CodnorPaul

Welcome to EMS - I have the 8SE which is a great scope for visual, but I don't believe that the mount is great for AP - but sure one of the others with more experience in that will give you LOADS of advice!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...