• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

just to say hello

Guest billywhizzzzz

Guest billywhizzzzz

Just to say hi really ,

Been reading posts in the background for the past couple of weeks to be honest , trying to learn as much as I can . Anyway thought it was about time I said hello .

Im have had an interest in this fine sport for a number of years but never really done anything about it till now haha . Finally taken the plunge and bought myself a celestron C8 sgt with cg5 mount , last night was the first time I have tried it , that said ive only had it a week . Any way I quite fancy a bit of astro photography and seeing as im rather into photography anyway its a great way to bring the too hobbies together .

Any gonna leave it there as I tend to go on .

Like the title says, just wanted to say hello ..

Rrgards steve ( bracebridge heath , lincoln )

Hi steve and welcome. We've got plenty of top notch amateurs your way.

I look forward to seeing your images.

Good luck with it all.

James

Hi and welcome to EMS.

Yet another one who has joined the dark side.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Hi Steve, welcome to EMS.

There are a good few members over your way, have a look at the ELAC section, Iam sure you would be made welcome.

Enjoy the forum.

Hi steve I used to live in waddington a few years back, welcome to ems and if you want to pop over to a elac meet (skegness) your more than welcome.

Guest billywhizzzzz

Thank you very much for the warm welcome , I will have a go at posting some pics when I have it sussed haha , just got a focal reducer ( f6.3) delivered yesterday howver im now waiting for a clear night so I can have a go at collimating my C8 , think I might have to get myself a higher mag eyepeice as I only have a 25 mm at the min and im finding it a bit tricky .

Regards steve

Thank you very much for the warm welcome , I will have a go at posting some pics when I have it sussed haha , just got a focal reducer ( f6.3) delivered yesterday howver im now waiting for a clear night so I can have a go at collimating my C8 , think I might have to get myself a higher mag eyepeice as I only have a 25 mm at the min and im finding it a bit tricky .

Regards steve

You can get some lovely wide field views through s twenty five mm ep steve ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...